How Gaming Helps My Mental Heath (Jumpcut Play)



I've have seen a lot of negativity surrounding video games over the past decade or so, most news outlets screaming about how video games cause violence in children or are damaging children's lives etc. but it is very rare to see video games in mainstream media portrayed in a positive light.


For Mental Health Awareness Week (13th-19th May) I wanted to chat about how gaming can be beneficial for one's mental health; rather than focusing on how 'damaging' some claim they are. 

I play games mainly for fun, that is what makes a successful game for me. I have had anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember and games have always been a way for me to escape my worries for a few hours and have fun; I would say that they have has a hugely positive effect on my mental well-being.

Comments